On July 8, 2011, the jury in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas reached its verdict in the case of Jamie Leigh Jones v. Halliburton Co., et. al. The jury of eight men and three women rejected Jones’ claims one day after starting deliberations. Jones, now 26, said she was raped in 2005 while working for Halliburton/KBR in Baghdad. Read more about the case here.
The jury found that:
- Charles Botz did not rape Jamie Leigh Jones on or around July 27, 2005 ; and
- KBR did not commit fraud against Jamie Leigh Jones by inducing her to enter into the employment contract.
The full verdict is here.
- Jury Rejects Woman’s Rape Claims in KBR Suit, Houston Chronicle, July 9, 2011.
- Jury Rejects Former KBR Inc. Employee’s Rape Claims, NPR, July 8, 2011.
- Jurors in Jamie Leigh Jones Rape Trial Asked to Think Big, Wall Street Journal, July 7, 2011.